The Census Test will be run from February to April 2022. In preparation for this, we are seeking to employ temporary staff now. We need:
- Census Field Collectors either part-time (20 hours p/w) or full time (40 hours p/w) - to begin 24 January 2022 through to 7 April 2022 (approx 8 weeks).
Read our Census Checklist to check your eligibility, or;
There are a few criteria that we need to cover off before you apply. You must be able to answer 'Yes' to all of these questions
- Will you be 18 years old on 24 January 2022?
- Are you legally entitled to work in New Zealand? You will need to have New Zealand Citizenship, permanent residency or a valid work permit.
- Do you have a current NZ Drivers Licence (minimum Restricted), or will you have one before 24 January 2022?
- Do you have access to a reliable motor vehicle? You will be reimbursed for use. You will need to have a current Warrant of Fitness and Licence Registration.
- Do you have a reasonable level of physical fitness? There is a lot of walking involved.
Did you answer YES to all of the above criteria?
Tau kē! Use the forms below to register your interest.
If you have answered YES to all of the Census Checklist questions, please provide us with your contact details and someone in our team will make contact with you to talk you through the next steps.
Mō te tūnga | The Role
- Report to a Team Leader and work collaboratively with others in the local field operations team - including Stats Regional, Area, and Community Engagement Managers
- Interact and engage people from a diverse range of cultures, age groups and socio-economic backgrounds
- The work involves tasks such as checking and updating address information, delivering and collecting Census material and information to and from households and dwellings across your assigned local community and keeping records of your experiences in the field
- Full-time 40-hour AND part-time 20-hour positions available
- Training scheduled from 1 – 12 February 2022
- Casual 8-week assignment commences from 14 February 2022 to 7 April 2022
- Hours of work are 12pm – 8pm Monday to Friday;
10am – 6pm on Saturday, Sunday
Hourly rate is $23.18
Clicking on the respective 'Apply Now' links will redirect you to ProgrammedGo, PERSOLKELLY's talent management system on another website in a new tab or browser window.
Apply Now Census Collector job in Auckland
Apply Now Census Collector job in the Bay of Plenty
Pre-register your interest for the 2023 Census now
If you have answered YES to all of the Census Checklist questions and are interested in becoming a census worker in 2023, please provide us with your contact details.
We will contact you closer to the time, in late 2022.